2000 Domanik Drive
Racine, WI 53404
Proud of Our Past
In late 1953 and early 1954 something sparked in the minds of several Lutherans in the Racine area. There needed to be a better way to care for the community’s aging. With the threat of communicable diseases such as tuberculosis, small pox, and pneumonia nearly eradicated with the emergence of vaccines, other health problems presented themselves. The elderly were the new victims needing increased medical care. Diseases such as Alzheimer’s, arthritis and general ailments associated with old age became the new big foes. Something had to be done.
On June 25, 1954, a corporation was formed to make this dream a reality. The corporation, which would later be known as Lincoln Lutheran of Racine, consisted of members from the Lutheran Men of America, deaconesses and pastors from 16 partner congregations.
Embracing Our Future
The needs of the elderly in our community are changing. Seniors are living longer and in better overall health. Over the years, Lincoln Lutheran has seen a myriad of changes and developments with the corporation and within the community it serves. Lincoln Lutheran is keeping up with the changing needs of today’s seniors and will continue to do so for years to come.